Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's a nice day for a wedding

My cousin (the groom) is getting married today. It is going to be a very simple, indoor wedding. It's been quite an emotional roller coaster to get to this point. The bride and her mom have been at odds off and on for the whole 9 month engagement. Instead of planning this wedding, I am helping with the food. There will be meatballs, baked beans, salads, breads and of course a wedding cake made by my mom! I came up with this salad reciped based on my favorite crunchy chicken sandwich at a local cafe. Here is the recipe:

Crunchy Chicken Salad
*1 cup mayo
*1/2 cup sour cream
*1 TBS curry
*1 tsp salt
*1/2 tsp pepper
*1 1/2 cups cooked diced chicken
*1 cup red grapes sliced in half
*1/4 cup chopped green onion
*1/4 cup chopped walnuts
*1 lb cooked bowtie pasta

1. Cook pasta to al dente. Drain, rinse and cool
2. Mix all ingredients together, add pasta. If you wanted to try this as a sandwich, don't add the pasta. It tastes amazing on a croissant with some lettuce. Enjoy!



I really like to make gifts rather than buy them. Sometimes I do both-buy and make. I found this super cute monogrammed towel at Kohl's and found some matching brown bath towels to go with it.

I also made them this "S" for them to hang on the wall. They will be getting an apartment and it is always nice to have something to hang on the wall!

I am really looking forward to the wedding tonight. I hope that the bride and her mom are still getting along when it really matters. I will be taking my camera too so hopefully there will be some great pictures to share!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hi Trisha,you know I love following you and that's a gorgeous giveaway..I'll keep my fingers crossed..
Have a lovely time at the wedding..xx

Eileen said...

The wedding sounds lovely! And thanks for sharing the recipe. Hope all went well. :)