Monday, June 6, 2011

Fried Chicken Dinner Cupcakes

My husband Cody loves fried chicken, but I just can't seem to perfect it! So for his birthday treats, I made him these Fried Chicken Dinner cupcakes. I saw them on Paula Deen and just had to try them myself. They are so easy and so cute!

The fried chicken is a donut hole frosted and covered in crushed graham crackers. I used a toothpick to adhere it on the cupcake that was covered in graham crumbs too. If you have time to make a little bone out of melted white chocolate-by all means do it! I didn't have time so you will have to use your imagination here! The peas and carrots are green Skittles and orange Starbursts cut into little squares. For the mashed potatoes and gravy, I took just a little of the center of the cupcake out with a melon baller and frosted it. The pad of butter is a yellow Starburst and the gravy is caramel! To really make them even better, set them in a disposable muffin tin! Aren't these fun?!

Cody wasn't as excited about these as I was, he would have rather had the real thing! But all the guys at work just loved them! I even took some to my work and they were a hit! I hope you give these fun cupcakes a try!

Here is where I am linking up to:
Sweetology: Tea Party Tuesday
Sugar Bananas! Sweets this Week
Mouthwatering Mondays
Just something I whipped up!
Tempt my tummy Tuesdays

13 comments:

Brens Bright Corner said...

these are hilarious!!! and how very creative of you!! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Well you KNOW I am going to LOVE LOVE LOVE these..how cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

Unknown said...

you need to link these up to Tea Party Tuesday on my blog Trish..who wouldn't want these at their tea party for fun..cute! YOu should also link up to Hoosier Homemade's cupcake Tuesday.

Miz Helen said...

Great Cupcakes, they look delicious!Thank you for sharing and have a great week.
Miz Helen

annies home said...

these are adorable

Sara @ CleverPinkPirate.com said...

Very Cute and they look so real!

Coming over from Cupcake Tuesday :)

Jacqui' said...

these are the cutest!!!

Liz@HoosierHomemade said...

Love these! You did a great job!
Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

CUTE SUMMER FUN..... we would love for you to link these up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party, theme this week is "FUN SUMMER RECIPES".... hope you come on by and link up!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-32-fun.html

Unknown said...

Trish, Those are the most adorable cupcakes! So cute! Following you xo

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Those are awesome! They must have been so fun to make. I wanted to invite you over to show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a blessed day!

Katie

Milagros Rivas said...

Fotos preciosas...un hermoso evento!! felicidades.
besos

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your cupcakes! You can see them here:

http://funfamilycrafts.com/tv-dinner-cupcakes/

If you have other kid friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!