Monday, June 27, 2011

Working on the Patio

We've been working on our patio little by little. If it didn't cost so much money to put a roof on it, it would be done by now! In the meantime, we are doing what we can to make it an outdoor sanctuary. I found some of these wonderful antique aqua Ball jars at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I snatched them up as fast as I could when I heard that she was only asking $1.50 for a dozen of them! I wanted to make some cute little candle holders to hang around the patio railing!
It couldn't be easier to make these. I just wrapped some wire around the mouth of the jar and made sure I had a handle to hang them from. I had my husband put some nails in the railing, I popped in some candles and instantly the patio looked and felt even better than before!
I love the way they look when the candles are all lit at dusk. Candle light in antique jars are seriously dreamy!
My old white wood windows were hung up once again, this time we made sure to make them a little more sturdy since they would swing in the wind before.
I just love the way our patio is coming together. Of course I can't wait to finish the roof, close in the bar, tile the counter top, fire up the smoker and have everyone over for a party! Until then, Cody and I will enjoy our work in progress as it slowly comes along!
Summer is definitely in Idaho now! We seemed to completely skip over Spring, but that is just the way it happens around here these days. So we have been spending a lot of time out in the yard, on the patio, loving the warm weather. Once it gets past 95, however, I'd rather stay inside and stay cool!
Have you entered my giveaway yet? I am giving away a shabby chic white candle holder that is dripping with crystals, an ornate frame with a beautiful sentiment inside, and a special gift that I got from Miss Gracie's and Friends Vintage Barn Sale. Go check it all out here and enter to win!!

Linking up with:
Faded Charm-White Wednesday

20 comments:

GwendolynKay said...

What a charming patio! I love the blue bell jars as candle holders.
Blessings & Bliss~
Gwenny

bren said...

love your patio!

Unknown said...

dreamy indeed! Love the romantic feeling.

Suzie said...

Love the way this patio is shaping up!

Ido said...

The patio is looking great, love the old windows and those lanterns are very cute.
Have a fantastic day!
XXX Ido

Unknown said...

Love the mason jars. They are so versatile! Just brought back some very old ones from hubby's Grandma who is over 102 yrs. old. Thanx for sharing. Tiffany

Tara said...

Trisha I love your jars.It looks like a little fairy land..Enjoy your outdoor space, it's looking really great..xx

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

LOVE the windows on the patio!
A beautiful spot to spend some warm summer evenings!

Holly said...

What a lovely idea! I am inspired now too!

Scrappin Abby said...

Hi Trisha : )

I have to say that I LOVE LOVE how your patio is looking. What a fantastic way to display your old windows. I have a couple hung in my scrapbook room but your idea is super cute. We don't have enough nice weather in Oregon to do something like that...at least in my neck of the woods..but I love it. Have a fantastic day and thanks for sharing : )

Nicole said...

That is what I love about the Summer, that you can be around nature and under the sun without feeling cold or that the day is coming to an end and you have a million things to do. I travelled to Argentina for that reason. I wanted to live in a country where warm weather was almost always there. I got an buenos aires apartment with a nice balcony and spent lots of weekends drinking mate under the sun!
Nikki

BECKY said...

Hi Trisha! Wow...your patio is coming along so nicely!! Love the old windows hung out there! And the mason jar candle holders...soo pretty!

Just think how wonderful it will be when you are all done!! We need to work on our back porch. I am going to do a special treatment on the floor and just doll it up some. Can't wait. Probably won't do it til fall...just too hot!

Thanks for sharing!!
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!
Becky

Amy Kinser said...

Everything looks so nice. I love your windows and totally love the jars all lit up. Can't wait to see more.

Nice visiting with you.

Simply Bungalow said...

Beautiful patio. I love the mason jars!

Fishtail Cottage said...

very sweet & charming - those windows & jars are so adorable on your patio! oxox, tracie

raggygirlvintage said...

It is looking fabulous, especially with your windows and aqua ball jars, those were a steal!!
Tracey

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love what you've done with the patio. Can't wait to see photos of it when you are finished. Those ball jars were definitely a steal.

Found you through the White Wednesday link.
Laura

Our Back Porch said...

Great idea! Your patio is awesome! Happy White Wednesday. Drop by for a visit when you get the chance.

Waving from Our Back Porch,
Rebecca

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Trish,

Nice to meet you! Love the ball jars and your windows on your patio! So romantic. I have to get some of those!

Debbie

Dixie said...

In south Texas... we might just leave it like that! a great summer house! ;)